I’m a follower . . . of blogs. This morning I happened upon a fun post over on Part Time Monster, she runs a weekly feature called The Thursday Thirteen, a themed list of various things, 13 things (obviously). This week, her list consisted of things you can always find in her bag or purse.
I’m lazy and uninspired today, and I have a purse. For these reasons I felt compelled to copy and share, so I dumped out the contents of my purse and snapped a picture. I hope she doesn’t mind me piggybacking on her idea . . . imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right? So says Charles Caleb Colton anyway.
Just yesterday I cleaned out my purse, so all the crumbled receipts, loose change, gum wrappers, and other miscellany that typically find their way into my bag is thankfully not pictured. It can get pretty messy in there.
So what am I left with? The important stuff . . .
1. My Wallet. I love this wallet. It fits everything I need, nice and neat. I’ve had about a dozen different wallets over the past ten years or so, they all sucked. I like this one.
2. My Insulin and my blood tester. I never leave him without them except when I forget them.
3. Glucose tablets. These have the ability to save my life so they are ALWAYS in there.
4. Pepper spray. You never know. I have a couple of knives in there as well. Again, you never know. Plus, they come in handy when you need to cut a tag off a new pair of shoes.
5. Itch cream. Diabetic skin gets mighty itchy sometimes.
6. Pens and a notebook. Always. The terrible thing is, I sometimes forget my insulin, but always have a notebook and a pen handy.
7. Books. I take a book everywhere.
8. Reading glasses. Gotta have them or I can’t read my book.
9. Eyeglass cleaner wipes. Gotta have them or I might not be able to use my glasses to read my book.
10. Gum and lip balm.
11. Toothpick thingys. I can’t stand having anything in my teeth.
12. Hand mirror I never use.
13. Little catch-all owl pouch. Holds my fingernail file, nail clippers, and some ear plugs.
So there you have, crap that’s in my purse.
At least I posted something today . . .